- Brookdale Senior Living
- $54,840.00 -65,340.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
146 Linwood Ave
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides residents with nursing services as outlined in the personal service plans; promotes wellness, and administers medications and treatments in accordance with physicians' orders and within state licensure regulations.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment in the best interests of residents.
- Monitors residents within state licensure regulations; may supervise and direct resident assistants where allowed by state licensure regulations.
- Monitors and assesses residents health and wellbeing; counsels residents as needed.
- Assists in writing service plans based on resident needs.
- Obtains and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Documents and reviews medication and treatment sheets for accuracy and compliance with physician orders, professional standards, federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Monitors responses to treatment plans. Possesses knowledge of medication interactions and notifies Resident Care Coordinator and Executive Director of any issues. Adheres to infection control policies and procedures.
- Counts controlled substances with off going nurse or resident assistant; secures and corrects reconciliation of controlled substances during shift.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of medicine supply room and security of discontinued medicine in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Assists with discharge process relevant to medication and treatment orders.
- Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations and infection control standards.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN or LVN license. Basic CPR/first aid training. Fire safety training.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and e-mail (Microsoft Outlook or Exchange, preferred). Basic typing skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Associated topics: lead, licensed practical, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, med, nurse i, nurse iii, practical, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...